02 October 2007

Big girl things

A few days ago Ella requested to wear undies instead of a nappy. Halleluja!

This morning on the bike we had the following conversation:

Ella: I'm not very big yet.
Me: But you are a very big girl, because you are wearing big girl undies today!
Ella: I'm very big!
I'm a lady, mum.

Ella: G (godmother) wears undies sometimes (thank god!)
Me: Does she really?
Ella: Yes she does. And she can put them on by herself.
Me: Wow, she's a really big girl too, isn't she.
Ella: Yes. She's a lady too.
….
Ella: I am very big. I can swim under water now. With the Bruces (See Finding Nemo). And they gonna bite me.

The things you have to look forward to when you are growing up.

3 comments:

jeanie said...

Ha ha ha - my niece the same age loves being a BIG GIRL - it is obviously an important issue.

My girl is now at an age where "she is not little - kids under 5 are little - she is middle!"

Anonymous said...

hey lin, I'm not wearing any undies.

Neet said...

Hehehe... she's so gorgeous!