07 March 2012

Strong or alive

Ella - You know how boys when they grow up, grow into men, how most of them are stronger than girls?
Me - Yes. But you know how I always tell you what's way more important in life than how strong you are?
Ella - But girls or women are better at hanging onto things. They can hold on longer to the monkey bars for example.
Me - That can be true, but you know what I think is way more important than being strong OR hanging onto things. You know what I'm going to say, don't you. Being...?
Ella - Alive?
Me - Yes, that too. Not much use hanging onto the monkey bars when you're dead, is it? But I was going to say being s...m...smart.
Ella - Oh, I thought you were going to say 'Being kind'.


It evolved into a conversation about equality and suffragettes. And ended with Ella's statement that girls have power. That she has power. Girl power.

Amen.

No comments: