31 May 2009

Sunday

At a dinner party on Saturday night, someone told me they thought I was a fantastic mother.

I'm not very good at accepting compliments.

And just to demonstrate that, I spent most of my Sunday being the absolute worst mother I could be.

When I tried to make up for some of the damage done when I put Ella to bed, I suggested that my behaviour really deserved having stickers taken away. I asked her how many stickers she thought should be taken from me. She said - still with a serious face: "One". I really do think she inherited the too-nice gene! When I offered that I thought my behaviour justified having 3 stickers taken away, I finally got a smile when she said: "Ok, 3 then."

I'm not sure why I seem to have lost ALL my patience suddenly. I do know that the only way to deal with this until it passes is to avoid stress. So we are eating food prepared earlier for the rest of the week and if we do happen run out of clean undies, I'll just go and buy some more! My focus will be on making our time together quality time and stuff all the rest. If I can compete with the Mamma Mia DVD, that is.

No comments: